- Instead of worrying about what bad thing might happen, we can rejoice in what good things will happen.
- When we try to make positive changes, it works. We improve the world daily.
- For every worst-case scenario, there is also a best-case scenario.
- Nothing can grow exponentially forever. Growth levels off.
- We have had so many innovations, development, and major advances in the world in the last few decades.
- We notice the negative so that we can fix it. But then when we fix it, we don’t notice anymore.
- People do good things all on their own all the time. People are a force for good.
- We can’t predict the future–but we can choose to make our future better.
- Over the history of the entire world, things always get better in the long-term.
- There is humor and goodness in every hard situation.
It can be really easy to get discouraged right now. But there is so much good happening. We will get through this time, and we will probably be better off at the end of it.
Sometimes I am reading a book or watching a movie and I want to make sure that everything will work out all right in the end of it. When it’s a TV show, I often know that things will work out because there is another episode. But isn’t that life? There is always another episode, which means that we continue on and we don’t have to be afraid of an unpleasant ending.