I don’t really want to cook that much when I’m camping: all I want to bring is a camp stove, a skillet, and a small pot, and it better be ready in around 20 minutes or less. I more want to assemble things together and still have something nice to eat. The food also had to be able to be cooked if there is a fire ban and fires aren’t allowed, and it’s preferable to not use a cooler as much as possible.
- Scrambled eggs
- French toast
- Precooked sausage and bacon
- Hash browns
- Breakfast burritos
- Instant oatmeal
- Pack lunch meat, cheese, veggies, fruit, crackers, chips, bread, tortillas, peanut butter & jelly, etc., and then assemble them together in different ways to eat lunch. So you can have salad, sandwiches, wraps, lunchables, etc.
- Hot dogs and beans
- Asian chicken salad (cabbage, canned chicken, mandarin oranges, crunch noodles)
- Nachos (with canned cheese sauce)
- Chili and chips
- Soup from a can (beef stew, whatever)
- Tacos and taco salad (meat made ahead or just use canned chili)
- Chili in a bag of chips with toppings
- Macaroni and cheese
- Ramen noodles and frozen veggies (with eggs if you would like)
- Tuna sandwiches/tuna salad
- Pasta salad
- Black bean salad
- S’mores (cook marshmallow on stove if fire isn’t available)
- Baked goods and snake cakes made in advance
What other ideas do you have?
One thought on “12. What are good meals for camping?”
Just always bring some healthy food. You crave it after eating junk for a while.