Skip to content
Thoughts on Pacing Myself
- It can be better to do a little bit regularly than a lot all at once.
- Just because I can fit it all on my list doesn’t mean that I should fit it all on my list.
- It’s okay to have quiet moments.
- Transitions take time. Plan for them.
- I always underestimate the amount of time something will take me. I usually have to double it.
- I often need to lower expectations for myself in order for me to do more. Freeing myself of my own high expectations allows me to be a lot happier.
- I do a lot more than I think I do.
- I can’t sustain a really high level of doing everything I possibly can and I often crash after trying. To avoid crashes, it can be better not to do quite as much.
- Keeping up my mental and physical health takes time, and sometimes much more time than I expect, but it’s really important.
- Sometimes what I want to do when I’m exhausted will simply make me more tired.
- Being present with myself and my life is a much better way to deal with exhaustion.
- I can’t perfect myself and my life all at once. I have to work a little bit at a time.
- I can keep going in a good direction, even if it is slow.