Sometimes we accept the worst solution because we can’t have the best. But the better thing is available and right in front of us.
- You decline $40,000 because you can’t have $80,000.
- Because you can’t save $20, you end up spending $30.
- You might stay up too late, and instead of going to bed, you stay up even later.
- You might be hungry, and instead of eating something adequate, you stay hungry.
- You refuse to eat a chocolate chip cookie because you really wanted ice cream.
- You might need to exercise, but because you don’t have time for a two-mile jog, you do nothing.
- Because you can’t solve a complete problem, you don’t solve any part of it.
- Because you can’t get an A, you might fail a class instead of getting a C.
- You don’t write anything instead of writing something that’s not quite right yet.
- You don’t help someone because you’re afraid that you can’t do enough.
- Or in an attempt to find the perfect place to live, you end up miserable living where you are at.
Just do the better thing in the first place instead of waiting for something perfect to come along.
And sometimes when you go forward with what is good enough, then the best option becomes available.
2 thoughts on “Good Enough”
I love this, it is so true
Good advice when I am just stalling…