I don’t love to cook every day. I like cooking sometimes. But I have to eat three times a day without a break (except for fast Sunday), and sometimes I get tired of trying to figure out what I want to eat and what to feed my family.
On occasion, I want to follow a specific recipes, but more often, I just have fall backs that I go to.
These are meals that easy, I usually have the ingredients for, and don’t take much time or effort.
- Grilled cheese & tomato soup
- Tuna noodle casserole
- Macaroni and cheese
- Instant mashed potatoes (or stuffing) with ham/frozen veggies
- Egg tortilla rolls (like this)
- Ramen noodles
- Stir fry
No Cooking Meals
For days when I don’t want to cook very much at all.
- Frozen pizza
- Frozen lasagna or other meals
- Chicken nuggets
- Bagged salad
- Corn dogs
- Macaroni salad/potato salad
- Rotisserie chicken
- Hot dogs
I don’t have specific recipes for a lot of these; I just take what I have and use it.
- Rice bowls: beans and rice, Hawaiian haystacks, and whatever other meat/veggie combo you have around.
- Stir fry: more complicated varieties with meat, fried rice, or lo mein. Often serve with wontons.
- Pasta salad: just add in whatever veggies and meat I have and coat it with mayo
- Soup: fry up onion and butter and build from there. You can do tomato based, potato based, or cream based
- Chili/taco soup/etc.
- Crock Pot meat: take meat and sauce and cook it in the slow cooker.
- Pan roast: I am still figuring this one out
- Salad: taco salad, Asian salad, cheeseburger salad–anything with lettuce/cabbage and other things piled on top
- Tacos: Navajo tacos with scones; normal tacos with fried shells; tostadas; etc.
- Burritos: breakfast burritos, chimichangas, black bean burritos, bean and cheese, chicken, etc.
- Pizza: bagel pizzas, taco pizza, fruit pizza, normal pizza
Sometimes it’s just a good idea to take the ingredients you have or need to be used, and try to come up with something that tastes okay. Get creative.
Sometimes I do use recipes to cook something specific.
And sometimes I eat string cheese and grapes: