It’s daylight saving time soon, and that means the evenings will be even more cold and dark than they are right now.
And it’s hard. Sometimes we turn on the TV a lot because we don’t know what else to do. And watching some TV is fine, but I don’t really want to spend most of my evenings.
So what else can we do?
- Board and card games
- Going somewhere: shopping, eating, library, visiting others
- Looking at stars
- Reading–alone and together
- Cooking and baking
- Sign up for sports/classes/etc.
- Starting a new hobby
- Listen to music
- Serving and thinking about someone else
- Creating something new: writing and drawing and arts and crafts
- Go to bed early
- Family home evening
- Singing and playing instruments
- Video calls with other people
- Jackbox games or other video games together
- Extra homework, learning, math, etc.
- Science experiments, engineering projects, learning boxes
- Swimming at an indoor pool
- Playing with toys
- Playing with paper, tape, cardboard, etc. (my kids make their own card games and houses and everything).
- Getting other craft supplies and playing with those
- Stations (like they do in preschool)
Any other ideas?